For the latest Government Guidance on Covid-19, please visit their website
The new restrictions mean the closure of:
- Leisure and sports facilities
- Community centres and halls except for some limited exceptions
- Hospitality venues except for takeaways/click and collect
- Outdoor gyms (not playgrounds)
and that they also state that outdoor playgrounds can stay open.
From Thursday 5 November, the public are advised to “stay at home” except for specific purposes. Under the new restrictions the public are allowed:
- to exercise outdoors or visit an outdoor public place – with the people you live with, with your support bubble, or when on your own, with 1 person from another household (children under school age, as well as those dependent on round-the-clock care, such as those with severe disabilities, who are with their parents will not count towards the limit on 2 people meeting outside).
This means that the Middleton St. George Play Area, the Water Park and the Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) will remain open.
Users of outdoor playgrounds should follow social distancing requirements of at least 2 metres apart or 1 metre apart with a face covering or other precautions.