Local council name: MIDDLETON ST. GEORGE PARISH COUNCIL
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2020
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI 234)
1. Date of announcement: Wednesday 10th June, 2020.
2. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2020 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Alan Macnab, Clerk to the Parish Council
5, Whitebridge Drive, Darlington, DL1 3TY
commencing on Thursday 11th June, 2020.
and ending on Wednesday 22nd July, 2020
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
• the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
• the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them.
Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council .
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection period at 2 above.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Audit Office’ Code of Audit Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, Salvus House, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5TS
5. This announcement is made by Alan Macnab, Clerk to the Parish Council