As the Fighting Cocks was an important hub on the former historic Stockton & Darlington Railway, a table (with space behind for a display board) has been reserved for Middleton St George at this event on 26th September, as “Fighting Cocks”.
As the village now has a steering group which coordinates efforts to conserve historic railway assets around MSG (MSG S&DR Heritage Steering Group), this group will be representing MSG at the event in Stockton.
The event will be a great opportunity to increase interest in what we are doing (e.g. regarding the pub, the MSG section of the former trackbed which part of the overall 26 mile stretch being made into a cycle and walkway, as well as efforts to protect the other heritage assets).
However, we do need your help.
Could you please get in touch if you can help with any of the following:
- Providing old Photos of the Fighting Cocks Station/area that we could borrow
- Providing items or other memorabilia that we could borrow
- A way to entertain children who may be accompanying adults (e.g. a themed activity/colouring in, quiz, something for the table which could be included in a treasure hunt between all the groups, etc. etc.)
- Display Boards?
- Any other ideas?
- Would you like to be involved?
- Do you know of any other individuals or groups that may be able to help?
The event will have strict social distancing and safety measures in place
Please contact me as soon as possible (by Friday 21st August ideally) regarding any of the above so we can start organising – we haven’t got very long!
It’s a really good opportunity for MSG!
Cllr Catherine Gilsenan
Chair, Middleton St George Parish Council
Tel. 01325 332572